Chirk Court is a long established care home and has been providing 24-hour high quality care for over 23 years. In 2014 a £900,000 refurbishment programme was completed to provide an ideal environment to cater for the individual needs of our existing residential care residents. Two areas of the original building have been completely refurbished, providing high quality accommodation, a communal lounge and hairdressers for 10 residents.
Chirk Court has extended its services to meet the needs of residents living with dementia, which includes a new purpose built extension that was completed in Spring 2016. Providing a homely and secure environment and the highest level of dementia care for up to 56 older people; in addition to maintaining the current residential care services within the home.
The purpose-built dementia unit offers state-of-the-art facilities, with four ‘households’, designed to a high standard, each housing 14 residents with a range of care needs. The design is based on the University of Stirling’s Principles and Standards of excellent dementia care delivery.
Stirling’s Dementia Services Development Centre is renowned as the world leader in this field. The Stirling approach ensures that residents are able to move and interact freely around the home with bedrooms and communal areas appropriately laid out and clearly signposted to minimise confusion and disorientation, promoting independence and reducing anxiety.
The kitchen / dining areas are equipped to provide meals to residents in a flexible and homely environment, at a time of their choosing and with additional support if required. There are separate quiet lounges residents can use if they wish.
Chirk Court has a purpose designed and built commercial kitchen and laundry, ensuring that all housekeeping services can be provided by our dedicated staff team.
Our well-equipped bedrooms are bright, safe and comfortable and have the following:
- En-suite bathroom with access to an individual disabled shower, toilet and hand-basin
- All rooms have profile beds and built in wardrobes, seating
- Multimedia portal in each room to allow access to telephone and satellite TV via individual contracts with providers of their choice.
- Access to the internet via personalised media points and Wi-Fi
- Recently furnished and decorated to the highest quality standards
- Nurse-call system, allowing residents to contact staff and summon support as required, linking in to hand held devices with staff for responsive support.
We encourage our residents to personalise their bedroom, by bringing their own personal belongings such as ornaments, photographs and small sentimental items. All furniture and display shelving is provided by the care home and meets care standards and quality requirements.
Chirk Court has incorporated a number of unique facilities for residents and visitors to the home; these include:
- Hairdressing Salon
- Kitchen and residents’ lounges
- En-suite Guest Room (subject to availability)
- Residents mini bus for social outings and medical appointments (subject to availability) Car parking facilities for visitors to the building
Our catering staff pride themselves in knowing the individual preferences and needs of our residents and residents enjoy high quality, nutritious and varied selections of meals which can be catered for in order to meet a variety of nutritional, dietary and specialist category dietary requirements for each individual.
Dedicated full time Activities Co-ordinator to support residents to achieve personal fulfilment.
Chirk Court has enclosed and well-maintained gardens. The gardens are fully wheelchair accessible, and have numerous seating areas for residents to enjoy if they wish.
Residents are encouraged to maintain as much independence as possible, with this in mind Chirk Court offers the following services:
- Daily newspaper (upon request)
- Choice of Chiropodist; a qualified chiropodist visits Chirk Court regularly (residents are also able to retain their own chiropodist).
- Choice of Dentist (residents are also able to retain their own dentist)
- Choice of Optician
- Complimentary therapist upon request
- Internet access in bedrooms (subject to additional charge residents / families can set this up independently with a provider).
- Kitchen facilities for visitors to make drinks